The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones.
John Maynard Keynes
Embrace the Unknown
The Bridging Consciousness and Belief Book Club is all about providing a safe, nurturing arena in which we can introduce ourselves to the new world paradigms presented in literature. It's an opportunity to question longstanding belief structures and consider new perspectives. An evening that invites lively discussion, inquisitiveness, and sharing. A chance to explore and embrace the far-reaching effects of living beyond our preconceived notions and limited five senses. Time where we can say we don't know...but we are willing to find out.
Open to New Ideas
- Book club gatherings will promote discussion around some of our most cherished, long-held understandings, as well as newer concepts that are challenging the very core of those beliefs.
- Like a good brainstorming session, this isn't about being right or wrong. It's about broadening our perspectives of what is possible.
- Conversations will be facilitated by Buffy Knowlton, but the direction each get-together takes will be guided by participants' interests and questions.
- To deepen participation, each 2-hour gathering will be a combination of large-group and small-group formats.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I attend all four gatherings?
You are welcome to attend one, some, or all four book club events, but your experience will definitely be enriched the more you engage.
- Do I bring my own books?
Yes. Life Design Portefolio, our fourth book, is sold at Akasha's Den. The other three books are readily available at local book stores. You might also check the Den's extensive in-store collection and your public library.
- I'm intrigued, but I don't have much knowledge of new world paradigms.
All are welcome. No experience required. You can passively or actively participate. Questions are encouraged. The only expectation is that you read the selected book before each class.
Interested in the Bridging Consciousness and Belief Book Club?
Then pour yourself a good cup of tea, pull up a chair, and let's explore ideas of great thought pioneers who are changing our world!