Sound will be the medicine of the future.
An Introduction to Tuning Forks, Sound, and the Chakras
Sound and music have long been used in healing and alignment modalities. From ancient practices to today, sound is effective not only for its soothing, non-invasive approach, but because the body can easily recognize, absorb, entrain with, and utilize it.
While sound instruments are as varied as the imagination, this workshop will focus primarily on the basics of tuning forks. Specifically, we will work with the 7 Chakra Tuning Fork Set available at Akasha's Den (see picture), concentrating on the main seven chakras: Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat, Third Eye, and Crown.
Just as our body's organs and systems resonate at their own frequencies, so too do our chakras. Our chakra system holds our body's energy or prana, universal energy which flows in and around the body. When resonance is disturbed, the free flow of energy is interrupted. Disturbances can be physical, emotional, or spiritual. They can be literal or symbolic. The application of sound with tuning forks can help clear the dissonance, restoring balance and returning the body and chakras to their inherent, natural frequencies.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- Two ways to reveal chakra imbalances...plus how to determine when rebalancing has occurred.
- Basic tuning fork techniques, including application of sound on, and above, the body. Attention will be given to the main seven chakra points, plus their secondary points.
- Simple sound practices that induce feelings of relaxation, ease, and groundedness.
- How to clear discordant energy that all of us attract in daily living and interactions.
- How to recognize when enough sound has been applied to any given area, and when it's time to move to other areas of the body.
- Safe and respectful protocols when applying sound on yourself and others.
- The benefits of providing feedback after self-administering, or receiving, a tuning fork session.
There will be plenty of time to experience the forks, as well as ask questions.
Join Buffy Knowlton for this fun, interactive evening. Body, mind, and soul will be opened to the transcendent experience of tuning forks!
If you would like to experience a personal Harmonic Sound Entrainment session with Buffy and tuning forks, find out more HERE.
Want more time to learn more about using the tuning forks? Join us for an evening of Tuning Fork Practice.
Please review our Registration, Cancellation, Payment & Refund page before making any purchase. Policies are subject to change without notice, and all will be enforced. Thank you.
Tuning forks will be available for use if you do not have your own.
Dates & Times
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Feb 16, 2023
- May 25, 2023
- Sep 21, 2023
To register or inquire further, please call us at (905) 844-5055 or send us an email.
Fees (subject to HST)
- $60 + HST
None, although basic proficiency with a pendulum is an asset.
What to Bring
- Your personal tuning forks and pendulums, if you have them.