NEW: Starting in 2018, Erica will be available for Rolf Massage EVERY Thursday.
The Rolf Method (Rolfing or Rolf Massage) is very different from traditional massage. The goal is to improve health and vitality by aligning and balancing the structure of the body. If you think of your body as a vertical cylinder or pipe through which energy passes vertically in the form of the force of gravity, kinks or sharp curves in the pipe restrict the flow. By addressing the bigger picture of what is going on in the entire body structure, symptoms are eliminated, life renews, and joy develops. This is achieved by massaging the fascia (the connective tissue matrix) until it is pliable. The body structure is then easily manipulated to unwind dysfunctional patterns of strain and stress, allowing natural alignment and balance to unfold with countless benefits.
Look Better with Rolf Massage
• Younger, taller, slimmer, happier
• More confident and successful
• More approachable
• More aligned and symmetrical
• Stand and walk gracefully and almost effortlessly
• More attractive
Feel Better with Rolf Massage
• Relief from aches and pains
• Diminish habitual muscle tension
Perform Better with Rolf Massage
• Sit comfortably in meditation
• Improve performance at work and in athletics
• Feel better balanced
• Feel comfortable in good posture
• Connect with your body
Yoga Better with Rolf Massage
• Naturally aligned
• Powerful and stable
• Move with purpose and direction
• Loosened up and more flexible
Live Better with Rolf Massage
• Better relationships
• Open/clear energy flow channels to increase capacity to sense and be a conduit for energy
• More confident and happy
• Access emotions, memories and wisdom stored in the body
• Feel grounded, powerful and connected to your body
• Address health and beauty issues such as posture, flexibility, fatigue, headaches, aches and pains, cellulite, balance, strength, asymmetry, look taller and younger etc.
During the session you are an involved participant, often instructed to breathe into the area being worked on, make small movements, and discuss your movement patterns. Rolfing is deep work that can be painful if done with intensity and speed. Erica’s style adapts pace and pressure applied to what you can handle in order to achieve optimal results.
Because your first session flows as follows, we highly recommend that your first appointment is 90 minutes so we can:
- Discuss your health history, status and goals;
- Analyze your structure and discuss goals;
- Experience the bodywork;
- Analyze your structure after the session; and
- Discuss how to best sit, stand and move with the changes.
Subsequent sessions are traditionally 60 minutes, however more issues can be addressed in a 90-minute or 120-minute session. 30-minute sessions are ideal for dealing with specific aches and pains, such as migraines, neck pain, persistent leg cramps, etc.
For comfort and ease during your session, please wear any of the following:
- Women: bra or sports bra AND underwear, bikini, or bike shorts.
- Men: underwear; swim trunks; OR bike shorts.